Online Case Consultation Groups
Contact us for information.
phone 202.364.3637 x0
Already registered for a Fall 2020 Case Consultation Group?
Login here for resources and updates.
Please note login will be updated Fall 2020 and active consultees will be updated via email.
Intermediate/Advanced level for practitioners who have completed basic training in EMDR. Hours can be applied towards EMDRIA certification. Some states give credit for case consultation hours. Check with your licensing board for more information.
These groups meet once monthly for a five month semester, from September through January and February through June at varying times. You must contact Deany before registering if you are not already enrolled. If you would like to contact Deany about registering for a group please do so here. See below for the complete list of available meetings. Please check the calendar periodically for exact dates.
1st Tuesdays; 1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
January 5, 2020
2nd Wednesdays; 1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
January 13, 2020
3rd Wednesdays; 1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
January 20, 2020
4th Wednesday; 1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
January 6, 2020
January 27, 2020
- EMDR Therapy Treatment Protocols
- Presentations on Topics of Special Interest
- Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning
- In-depth discussion of Clinical Cases
- Integrating EMDR Therapy into Clinical Practice
- Clinical and Research Updates
- Videotape Review of Cases
- Live Demonstrations of EMDR Therapy
The purpose of this case consultation group is on the clinical applications of EMDR therapy to one’s professional practice. Participants in this group are limited to clinicians who have already completed the EMDR Basic Training by an EMDRIA-accredited program. Some of the material covered in these seminars includes but is not limited to:
- A review of EMDR treatment protocols
- Discussion of clinical cases
- Handling common technical difficulties
- Presentations on topics of special interest
- Updates on clinical and research development
- Opportunities for videotape review
- Incorporating EMDR therapy into one’s clinical practice
In order to amplify and expand on theoretical issues, case material will be discussed during these seminars. You are encouraged to bring in your own cases for discussion that you are considering for EMDR therapy, or already using EMDR therapy with. Cases that are not related to the clinical use of EMDR therapy will not be discussed in this format. It is understood that whatever information is presented in these seminars is to be kept confidential among the participants both during and after your participation in the group.
A record of your attendance and participation will be maintained in the event you are interested in CEs in your discipline or credit towards requirements for becoming an EMDRIA-Approved Practitioner of EMDR. It is also recommended that you keep your own log of attendance. Both individual time presenting a case as well as group time can apply towards EMDRIA certification requirements.
- November 13 - November 14