Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for this EMDR Refresher Course?
Yes, if you:
- Are a mental health clinician, licensed for independent practice
- Have completed an EMDRIA-approved Basic EMDR Training
What’s the schedule?
See the detailed schedule in your time zone here.
What does this course cover?
After successfully completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the core elements of EMDR therapy
- Describe the AIP model and how that informs case conceptualization and treatment planning
- Successfully apply the procedural steps to reprocessing a memory as well as a future template
- Identify and strengthen positive changes week to week to promote the client’s growth beyond the remission of their symptoms
- Identify at least one clinical situation where you would modify the EMDR standard protocol in order to meet the needs of your clients
- Apply the clinical themes of Responsibility, Safety and Power to identify appropriate negative and positive beliefs that correspond to your AIP case conceptualization
- Co-regulate the client’s experience moment to moment by using at least two different strategies to facilitate the client’s dual attention
Once I sign up, what happens?
You’ll receive an email link from the online learning platform where you will find the Zoom link and other materials for this online course.
Need more answers?
Email the center Administrator or call (202) 364-3637.